Navigating Through Home Care Subsidies
Figuring out all the ins and outs of receiving home care in Calgary can be a bit of a head-scratcher. Billing is one of the most important aspects to understand when navigating through this process.
Luckily, here at Home Care Assistance Calgary, we now support direct billing for our clients, also known as “client directed home care”, to make it easier for you to receive the home care service that you deserve.
Home Care Payment Options That Work with You
The government of Alberta offers subsidies to help assist with your home care. This includes, but is not limited to, extensive financial assistance programs for in-home senior care. Home Care Assistance Calgary is an approved vendor for BlueCross’s Client Directed Home Care program.
The province offers to pay for private home care service at $32.15/hr. Our rates of service vary by need, so there will still be a small out of pocket expense for our services. However, this subsidy should cover the majority of the care costs and the exact amount would be determined after a care assessment is completed.
How Direct Billing For Home Care Benefits You
Home Care Assistance provides high-quality home care to meet you and your loved one’s specific needs. Some benefits of using direct billing to Alberta Blue Cross to pay for home care services include:
- Simplified payment. Direct billing eliminates the need for you to pay for your home care services out of pocket and then seek reimbursement from your insurance company. Instead, Home Care Assistance will bill your insurance provider directly for the services provided.
- Reduced financial burden. Direct billing can reduce the financial burden on you and your family. You do not need to pay upfront for care, which can be a relief.
- Improved cash flow. Direct billing ensures that you have more cash available, as you do not have to wait for reimbursements to cover your expenses.
- Enhanced convenience. Direct billing makes it easy for you to access home care services without worrying about financial details. You can focus on your recovery, health, and wellness, knowing that the billing process is taken care of.
- Increased transparency. Direct billing for home care services can increase transparency in the billing process, as you can see exactly what services were provided and how much you were charged.
In conjunction with a direct bill to Alberta Blue Cross, our team makes it easy to register and file a claim – but most importantly, we work with your family to make sure care is personalized to your needs and preferences.
Being able to get directly billed by Home Care Alberta is ideal for anyone wanting to take advantage of the various subsidies the province has to offer while also receiving industry-leading care.
In Home Care Programs Available with Home Care Assistance
Our services include a variety of home care assistance offerings, designed to meet the individual needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities. Some of the services available include:
- Personal care
- Companion care
- Live-in care
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Post-hospital care
Our variety of home care options are all designed to give you and your loved ones peace of mind. Making direct billing available as a payment method for you is just one of the things that we have implemented to improve your experience.
If you or a loved one requires home care assistance, you can contact our team directly to discuss your needs and learn more about the programs available. For any other questions about this, please visit our website or contact us directly today.